0. I find that it takes an awful lot of time just to schedule an appointment. This is partly because I work like a maker but have to schedule like a manager. In addition, many people send unclear, underspecified, or even just incorrect appointment scheduling requests. I therefore suggest starting the conversation with email. Many things are quite easy to take care of that way, and proceed a lot quicker.
Otherwise, to schedule an in-person meeting:
1. Make sure I'm in town. [show/hide]
2. Make sure I'm free on a specific day.
To request a meeting, view my calendar below. As you do:
- click on the actual entries to see how long they last (some are several hours long)
- click on the Week view, since the others seem to drop some entries!
3. Pick a time.
Please choose times between 9am and 2pm.
As you pick slots from my calendar, please try to avoid picking on days that are otherwise blank, and please try to be adjacent to existing meetings. The cost of recovering one's attention after stepping away from a task is very high, so I like to preserve contiguous slots.
It helps if you can suggest more than one date and time, because I may have constraints not publicly visible in my calendar. Otherwise, we may need multiple rounds of email to schedule.
4. Send me Email.